The British Faery: Falling

Wednesday 1 June 2011

Falling




A few years ago, while camping in wales, I came upon a ledge looking over a waterfall, two boots were leant up against the wall, and far below, in the water, a man sawm.
Another man, a few feet away, with his arm in a cast, tells me I should jump. Its safe, he does it all the time. I take his advice lightly,  After all, he is in a cast.

I decide to do it. It takes me a good while to muster the courage, and I think I did only jump in the end because the guy who jumped before was freezing to death waiting for me...
It was the best experience of my life.



Free falling with no control over the situation, the adrenaline, the land leaving you, the air taking you and the water, waiting for you.


I loved the intense fear I felt before I leaped, being utterly consumed as the adrenaline took over, and the joy when I was submerged into the water.
Sometimes I wish for falling
Wish for the release
Wish for falling through the air
To give me some relief
Because falling's not the problem
When I'm falling I'm in peace
It's only when I hit the ground
It causes all the grief
Florence & The Machine - Falling

'Jump, and you will find out how to unfold your wings as you fall'


Ray Bradbury



No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me some Love!!