The British Faery: If you go down to the woods today....

Monday 15 August 2016

If you go down to the woods today....



Since the release of the spring collection, I feel I have been an equal mix of hard-working, and slow, pushing against the current.
Life in the woods has offered up many surprises and obstacles recently, meaning my attentions have been drawn to other projects, problems, other jobs. I am learning to take them in my stride, and not worry about all the things I cannot get done, but rather concentrate on the things I CAN get done, and the things that I NEED to get done. The Sprtytes have always moved at their own pace, and whilst I am impatient to get these collections finished, I also know I should stop, and enjoy the process - I can't rush them, so instead I'll be patient, do a little bit everyday, and let them unfurl in their own time.

It's been an exciting few months for them after all - I had a brainwave soon after the Spring Collection, realising I could completely re-structure their hips, so that they were easier to dress, more aesthetically pleasing, and, more durable. The downside, was that it took me MUCH longer than anticipated to create, even longer to perfect it. I knew it would be worth it however, so I carried on. Months later, and their hips are not the only things that has changed. I added a shoulder, and a little pot belly. (Who doesn't love a little soft tum?)
I am so happy with them, and have stuffed them softer, so you can really squeeeeze them!
Right now, I am working on the wigs, which is a time consuming part, but one of those where you feel as if you're not getting anywhere, then suddenly you're done! The wigs have been another massive learning curve, one I am definitely still on, excited to see each time I learn something new, a way to make them better, quicker.
You really start to see the characters shine through once they have hair and eyes, and only then can I decide what they want to wear, wether they are a boy or girl. Finally, I will get to dress them. I came across an amazing book, full of doll clothes and patterns, that has really opened up my choices, and put into images what I imagined in my head. Sweet 40's dungaree dresses, boots. Muddy, organic colours with embroidered details.
I plan to release them in the next few months, but, life is full of unexpected adventures, misadventures, and surprises, so I am learning to go with it's flow, and let it take me where it will.




I realise this is a bit of a rambling update, I just wanted to let you know where I am, what I am up too, that I haven't disappeared! Things are just at a different pace in the Woods today.


Love,
The British Faery.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me some Love!!