The British Faery: Life

Sunday 27 January 2013

Life

I love my life. There is no particular reason why, nothing exceptionally marvellous or magical is going on, I'm not rich or surrounded my masses of friends. I'm not having wild experiences or travelling the world.
Yet, life seems fuller than ever. I have waited a long, long time to feel happy. I'm not talking about that happy you feel when something wonderful happens, or that swell from laughter.
I'm talking about the absence of sadness and doubt.
When people ask me how I am, I can say 'yeah, good' and actually mean it.
Life is good.
I don't know when this change happened, but I know that I only have one chance at this, and I'm going to give it the best I can. I can surround myself with people I love, evenings filled with endless conversation, good food and drink.life is what you make it, and I can make it silly and fun, and stand on my head if it pleases me. I can talk nonsense all day and wear fancy dress. Why not? I don't know what life has in store for me, I just know that when I am looking back on my life, I want to be able to say, 'I had shit loads of fun'.

Happiness. It's been a long, rocky road to get here, yet I made it.
And it feels wonderful.



1 comment:

Leave me some Love!!