The British Faery: A skiing Adventure, and.... a skiing disaster.

Tuesday 1 April 2014

A skiing Adventure, and.... a skiing disaster.

My last adventure took me to Les Deux Alpes, in France. I had taken a nanny job in a ski resort, and though it took me a while to get into the lifestyle there, and only receiving my ski pass the day I came home, I had really begun to enjoy myself.
Skiing is the best fun I have had in a long, long time! I loved the speed and the adrenaline rush, it's like nothing I have ever done.
Skiing though, of course, is the reason I had to come early. I perhaps got a little ahead of myself in my skiing ability, and after only doing a few nursery slopes, thought I'd be totally fine on a Blue Run. In the Dark.
In my defense, I did do the run the first time without a hitch. The second time, however, wasn't quite the same. I was going far too fast (of course) and halfway down realized I was too close to my friend. Panicking, I just tried to stop. Yeah... so that wasn't my best idea. I somersaulted, and ended up having to limp home in agony.
I tried to go to work the next morning, but it was clear I was in pain and unable to walk. After visiting the local hospital, and being doped up on painkillers, it was decided it best I come home.
Since I have been back in the UK, I think I have seen every consultant and visited every hospital in my area.
I have ripped my Cruxia ligament and damaged the shock absorbers. So, I'm currently having physiotherapy, and pushing to have reconstructive surgery.

Here are a few pics from my short time in France!!








So things here are a little different than I had hoped for myself this year. But that is life, isn't it.
I am just going to have faith that the Universe has something better in store for me, though it hasn't eluded anything to me so far.

Though, I am begging lots of exciting, private projects that no doubt I will be sharing with you here, and getting back into blogging. I will reveal all soon!!!

If you have any skiing stories, I would love to hear them, so please share in the comments section!!

Love,
The British Faery


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me some Love!!