The British Faery: The Other World Over The Bridge

Thursday 17 July 2014

The Other World Over The Bridge


The day started with dreaming underneath the treetops, before Doodles and I (my 4yr old Adventure companion) went for the long walk over the bridge into the 'Other World Over The Bridge'.

It sure was a long walk! In the rain, too. The Swifts flew with us some of the way to keep us company. They were much better fliers than us! (Did you know a swift never stops flying, other than to lay!?)

We made it to the Column Of Victory! Erected by Queen Anne, in thanks to John Churchill who helped win the Battle Of Blenheim. She also built him Blenheim Palace...
Handsome Guy, Huh!?



Which we visited next... It is so absurdly lavish and fancy I could hardly contain myself! 




Now THIS is a crib! :O Talk about a silver spoon! 

Now, where here is where I fall in love... 
Please let me introduce The Long Library! 




And a little Church 

And we stopped for lunch at The Waterside Teracce, as Doodle loves the fountains, and so do I! 





We then went on search for the 'Arboretum' It too, was a very long walk..!  We saw many marvellous things, and had many mini adventures! 
Making friends with old gnarly oaks...
And had a chat with the roses... They smelled divine.... !







Our search was rewarded in seeing the Cascades! 






It's always an adventure at Blenheim......





~The British Faery

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me some Love!!