The British Faery: Florence and The Machine

Thursday 24 February 2011

Florence and The Machine


Florence Welch
(Florence and The Machine)

I LOVE Florence. Her Music is like nothing I have ever heard before. Whatever mood I am in, her music is perfect.
Her Album, 'Lungs' is a mixture of beaty, heavy music with powerful vocals, such as 'Howl', The 'Drumming song' and 'Kiss with a Fist', and soft, dream-like music, where Florence's voice soothing and etheral, but always, the lyrics are dark, powerful and unusual. And that is why i love her.
I have trouble deciding which song is my favourite.. It usually is a tie between Howl, and Hurricane Drunk.(And Drumming song...)



'Howl'
If you could only see the beast you've made of me
I held it in but now it seems you've set it running free
The saints can't help me now, the ropes have been unbound
I hunt for you with bloody feet across the hollow ground
Drag my teeth across your chest to taste your beating heart 
 
No home,
I don't want shelter,
No calm,
Nothing to keep me from the storm,
And you can't hold me down,
'Cause I belong to the hurricane,
It's gonna blow us all away.
I'm going out,
I'm gonna drink myself to death
'Hurricane Drunk' 
Broke your jaw once before
Spilt your blood upon the floor
You broke my leg in return
So let's sit back and watch the bed burn
Well love sticks sweat drips
Break the lock if it don't fit
A kick in the teeth is good for some
A kiss with a fist is better than none

'A Kiss with a Fist'

Next is Natasha Khan, from Bat for Lashes

Your British Faery.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me some Love!!