The British Faery: It's been a journey....

Friday 1 April 2016

It's been a journey....

I found out this month that it has been 5 years since I created my first Woodland Spryte. 5 Years! I can hardly believe it, to be honest. In some ways, it feels as if I have *always* made them, yet it also feels as if I am only just beginning. 
Though I may feel as if I am on a new journey, the Spryte's have definitely been patiently on theirs, waiting for me to catch up, for me to return to them, these few years I have neglected them. 
They have changed so much, and come so far, it is sometimes easy to forget they are not *real* living beings whom have evolved, they are a mirror for me, a reflection of how much  have evolved. 

When I first began, I had no idea what I was getting myself into! I made a few for two children I looked after, and a few just for fun. I made them out of old pillow cases, and things I had lying around. I was so pleased at myself for having created something - something that actually worked, and looked good! (Even though I studied sewing at college, my sewing skills were still something amiss back then) So I had a allot of fun playing around. A few friends asked for one, and I uploaded pictures of them here. Then, people commented on them asking to BUY ones. I was totally bowled over.
Back then, the arms and legs were just sewn on, no joints! And the heads were a seperate pattern piece that I also sewn on by hand. They were definitely rustic ;)
I have now made over 250 Sprytes, potentially many more than that, and it is amazing to see how much they have changed in the 3 years I spent bringing them to life.  (I can thankfully say their arms and legs are now safely jointed on! Hehe!) 

Here are a few photos that show their evolving journey....









Hopefully there will be many more Sprytes to come, and I look forward to sharing my continuing journey with you!!

The new collection will be released mid-april. See you then!

-The British Faery

If you fancy having a look at the first ever mention of the Sprytes, you can read the original blog post,
here.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me some Love!!